[Encomium for a friend]

My heart goes out to the man who takes simple people and adorns them his simple shine for him and them to be the same in the eye of the onlooker. How he humbles his ego a lesson I'd tirelessly advocate for others in his position to replicate. I won't stop my admiration for him and his pain of enduring the mockery of his value sharers who belittle him every chance they get yet him naively still giving more of his value to those takers without expecting a dime in return. I wonder how he does it to make it work 'cause as for me not going to break my back for anyone who spits at my surrendered deified status for them, looking at how his sacrifices are disregarded timorously so.

My soul shakes silently for the man who takes his time and effort to upgrade the next with resources limited to himself. If it were me I'd have long had a change of heart the minute I witness unappreciated vibes from the opportunity spoilers. The many times he keeps lessening from his family dream to cover all those he favors a remarkable deed that's to some of us a gesture we can only hope in unvoiced dreams though a regression mode to his family vision. I envy those within his circle of gain and wishing I too have access to his charitable aura. So believing I'd show to the squanderers of his opportunities how to embrace and make an opportunity bringer proud, as I know someone of thy stature deserves to be treated with respect not disdain for his being. 

My mind imprinted the regret of the one who doesn't matter to the shine he's been given. Striking how careless they are at the pressure of the very man sticking it out for them. The way his eyes are oozing with the hope that they help him by doing it right a teary sight to stare at but deserving a glance for a story to be told in future about it. A lot in his circle forgets he is a mortal being and he too has his limits and his forgiveness of their pathological failures a daunt to his hope in them that'll soon wear off. Just can't stand the rate of solid waste he endures to his value. But day will come that some will be left out of the pack for the very reason and that's then they'll only realize how unfortunate it is to be in the cold after a term of opportunities squandered. I now know it's true that luck favors the unwanting and the undeserving many, but regret sticking better to such also.

My spirit feels for the man who accommodates anyone who promises to work hard for their selves and families. A man who sees beyond ethnicity and background, and invest in the other's heartfelt passion for their dream. I take my hat off to him for his unwavering commitment to their support regardless of how they ill-treat him. Having someone as that in my life would be a daily event I'd cherish irrespective of what others may think and say of me to him. At times making me angry how they sit idle for him to still do for them after everything he steals away from his value and future to keep their hopes alive; how ungrateful. I often ask myself how many a person can do and be as he, to have growth in my life that none including me don't sweat for, and only him doing the groundwork? Such favor doesn't reach anybody's vicinity just like that, and only when it does, should be clenched with both hands to never lose it by any chance.

My disappointment is directed to the one who fails to appreciate attempts by a stranger that chose to be a familiar face and name to them. A person who chose to risk his worth for me to be what I want to be and be where I want to be, something a lot of parents fear doing with their offsprings or simply can't afford to do for them, yet here's he offering that to me. I'd hate my life for days if I were to hurt that person. For such a being I'd never tire from telling them how premium I feel for being there with them.

My respect is poured out to the one whom despite his hardships still never give up seeing the good in others. The one who chooses others before himself; my friend...
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kgele my bro. I got this link from someone on facebook. Thanks for the good body of work you hook us up with. My name is Vali I used to write for the same paper with you. Now I understand why you used to say you aint a journalist but your body of work is still up there. Thank you for helping me back then together na bo Emely and Thando. I told them I know you from writing and to this you're still writing. Good connecting with you again. It's now good that you do what you love, teaching. You know what, this column is exactly how I know you, big my bro!

    ReplyDelete